Playa del Cura has a little shopping area that sells basic holiday items such as flip flops and bikini. Also there are some restaurants, a cafe and a pub. You can also buy groceries in Spar.
There are a few shops in Arguineguín, selling sport equipment, clothes and shoes. Most shops are closed for siesta between 13.00 and 16.00. There is also a shopping center, “La Marea”, with a few shops open from 10 to 21.00.
In Puerto Rico there is a shopping center “Europa” with shops, restaurants, bars, pubs and discotheques. The shops are all aiming for tourists. You can find a big new modern shopping center The Market in Puerto Rico as well as an even bigger one Mogan Mall.
The biggest shopping centres are in the Las Palmas area. Following the highway along the coastline towards the north, you find following Shopping Centers and department stores. In general they open Monday-Saturday 10:00-22:00.
• Mogan Mall - above the old shopping center in Puerto Rico, opens daily 10.00-22.00. Taxi or bus.
• The Market Puerto Rico - small shopping center above the old shopping center in Puerto Rico, opens daily 10.00-22.00. Taxi or bus.
• Shopping Centre El Tablero, Maspalomas - opens daily from 10.00-22.00. Taxi or rental car.
• Shopping Centre Atlántico, Vecindario - Bus line 90 to Vecindario, taxi or rental car.
• Decathlon, sports equipment and sportswear, Telde - Bus line 01 to Telde/ Las Estrella, taxi or rental car.
• Outlet Shopping Centre Las Terrazas, Telde - Bus line 01 to Jinamar, taxi or rental car.
• Shopping Centre El Mirador, Telde - Bus line 01 to Jinamar, taxi or rental car
• Department store El Corte Inglés, Las Palmas - Bus line 91 to Las Palmas, taxi or rental car.
• Shopping Centre El Muelle, Las Palmas - Bus line 91 to Las Palmas, taxi or rental car.
• Shopping Centre Siete Palmas, Las Palmas - Bus line 91 to Las Palmas, taxi or rental car.
• Shopping Centre Las Arenas, Las Palmas - Bus line 91 to Las Palmas, taxi or rental car.
• Shopping Centre Los Alisios, Las Palmas - Bus line 91 to Las Palmas, taxi or rental car.
Check with the Reception for more information. Changes to opening hours may occur due to festivities. 25/12, 1/1 & 6/1 most of the shopping centers and shops remain closed. All Shopping Centers have their own webpage where you can find more specific information.
Starts at 08:00 and ends around 14:00. The earlier you go, the better the selection. They sell everything from fruits & vegetables to souvenirs and clothes. You can also make braids at most markets! Please be aware that the markets might not be open yet. Check with our Reception for directions to each place.
• Tuesday: Arguineguín
• Wednesday & Saturday: San Fernando/Maspalomas
• Friday: Mogán
Beware of what you bring home, especially souvenirs made of plants or animals and pirate copies. Learn more here.
Each of us can make a difference to our planet, so where better to start than during your relaxing getaway while you're in the destination? Check out a few simple tips from us: